Get the latest flu activity levels and forecasts for your local area via the Infectious Disease Platform. Stay up to date on the flu season by checking back often. You can also learn more about the the current flu season by watching the short video below.
Current Flu Conditions
COVID-19 + Flu Season
Where to Get a Flu Shot
All U.S.-based UnitedHealth Group employees, regardless of medical plan enrollment, are eligible for a free flu shot. To get your free flu shot:
- Schedule your flu shot at a full-service Well.
- Attend an on-site event Oct. 5-Nov. 30. Events are being held at more than 100 locations. To register, log in to the Quest portal or use the registration key UHG or Optum360 to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Redeem a Flu Shot Voucher. All U.S. employees and their adult dependents can request a free flu shot voucher redeemable at any Walgreens or Duane Reade pharmacy. Click here to request a voucher redeemable at any Walgreens or Duane Reade pharmacy or email email@example.com.
When you see a network provider, you and your family members are covered at 100% if you are enrolled in a UnitedHealth Group, Optum360 or OptumCare medical plan. If you receive other services when getting a flu shot, any related costs may be your responsibility.
- Visit uhc.com/flu to find retail pharmacies, convenience care clinics or care providers near you.
- Make an appointment with your provider. Contact your primary care physician or search myuhc.com to find a network provider and schedule your shot.
Please note that flu vaccination clinics and sites have implemented many COVID-19 infection prevention precautions to ensure you can get your flu shot safely.
 All U.S.-based employees and their spouses, domestic partners and adult dependents, regardless of medical plan enrollment, are eligible to receive a free flu shot at a full-service Well: Phoenix Cotton Center, Minnetonka, Optum Circle (Eden Prairie), Overland Park and Green Bay.
 All U.S.-based employees, regardless of medical plan enrollment, and their spouses, domestic partners and adult dependents who are enrolled in an eligible medical plan can get a free flu shot at a scheduled on-site event.
Fight Against Flu and COVID-19
Prevent Both the Flu and COVID-19
Flu and COVID-19 illnesses are spread similarly, so stay diligent with the safety precautions you’ve built into your daily routines.
- Get a flu shot.
- Practice physical distancing — stay six feet apart.
- Make symptom screening a habit using your UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener, such as ProtectWell. If you aren’t feeling well, do right by others and stay home.
- Wear your mask to protect yourself and those around you.
- Avoid touching your face, including your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Regularly wash your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Get plenty of rest, exercise and fluids; eat nutritious food and manage your stress.